THE deaths of an expat couple found dead in an Estepona apartment is reportedly being treated as a murder-suicide by police.
The couple – a 54-year-old Dutch woman and a Senegalese man in his 30s – were found by a friend who was due to take the woman to Malaga airport.
Spanish media is now reporting that the woman was found ‘practically beheaded’ while the man had a stab wound to the heart.
The bodies were allegedly found in separate rooms, leading investigators to believe that the man killed his partner and then took his own life.
The man also reportedly had wounds to his face and body which indicated his girlfriend fought back.
Several knives were also present at the scene as well as bloody footprints throughout the apartment.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36