CAMPO de Gibraltar keep-fit fans are gearing up for a cycle ride across the sea to Africa.
More than 120 people will be going all out on the deck of a ferry as it crosses from Algeciras to Tangier and back on April 30 – in an onboard spinning class.
Using exercise bikes gathered from gyms all over Algeciras, the ship-shape participants hope to raise money for the Plataforma de Solidaridad Vecinal and Cáritas.
The charities represented provide aid and support to local impoverished people.
“The riders will enjoy an adventure pedalling on the sea while enjoying a spinning class to music and admiring spectacular scenery,” said spokeswoman Laura Poyatos.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00