SPANISH border police discovered three migrants hidden in purpose built compartments of a car as it attempted to enter Spain last week.
Images released show the migrants from Guinea in West Africa – all in their 20’s – concealed in the bumper and under the dashboard, while a video shows police pulling out two of the semi-conscious men.
The vehicle was attempting to cross from Morocco to the Spanish territory of Melilla, but was stopped after a border officer saw a young man dashing out of the car and running back towards Morocco.
The driver – a 25-year-old Moroccan man – was later apprehended and detained.
The migrants, who had shown signs of hypothermia, were taken to the Centre for Temporary Stay of Immigrants (CETI).
Police say the Morocco to Spain route is popular among people smugglers who charge large sums for the passage.
They added that they cannot search every vehicle due to the effects it would have on queueing.
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06