SPANISH border police discovered three migrants hidden in purpose built compartments of a car as it attempted to enter Spain last week.
Images released show the migrants from Guinea in West Africa – all in their 20’s – concealed in the bumper and under the dashboard, while a video shows police pulling out two of the semi-conscious men.
The vehicle was attempting to cross from Morocco to the Spanish territory of Melilla, but was stopped after a border officer saw a young man dashing out of the car and running back towards Morocco.
The driver – a 25-year-old Moroccan man – was later apprehended and detained.
The migrants, who had shown signs of hypothermia, were taken to the Centre for Temporary Stay of Immigrants (CETI).
Police say the Morocco to Spain route is popular among people smugglers who charge large sums for the passage.
They added that they cannot search every vehicle due to the effects it would have on queueing.
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54