SPANISH border police discovered three migrants hidden in purpose built compartments of a car as it attempted to enter Spain last week.
Images released show the migrants from Guinea in West Africa – all in their 20’s – concealed in the bumper and under the dashboard, while a video shows police pulling out two of the semi-conscious men.
The vehicle was attempting to cross from Morocco to the Spanish territory of Melilla, but was stopped after a border officer saw a young man dashing out of the car and running back towards Morocco.
The driver – a 25-year-old Moroccan man – was later apprehended and detained.
The migrants, who had shown signs of hypothermia, were taken to the Centre for Temporary Stay of Immigrants (CETI).
Police say the Morocco to Spain route is popular among people smugglers who charge large sums for the passage.
They added that they cannot search every vehicle due to the effects it would have on queueing.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25