IT may only be small, but Gibraltar boasts just about everything a stomach could be craving.
Whether it’s a no nonsense Domino’s pizza fresh to your home or a sumptuous three-course meal in upmarket Queensway Quay, the Rock can deliver.
And it’s not slowing down this summer, with the immensely popular Japanese chain Wagamama is opening up in Ocean Village, providing extra competition for some already firm favourites.
It’s true, OPO is a delightful food court, mixing some excellent local favourites such as Grille 53 and Bianca’s with the recently opened La Sala, aboard the Sunborn.
Of course, if it’s people watching you’re after between courses then there’s nowhere better than Casemates Square.
For fine dining, Cafe Solo is number one, while for top-notch pub grub look no further than Lord Nelson.
Whether heading up Main Street, ducking into Irish Town or pulling in at Queensway Quay, there is plenty to get tastebuds tingling.
Everything from the tastiest curry houses to fine Italians, fresh fish restaurants to heartwarming pubs is within easy reach.
One Gibraltar institution which prides itself on its coffee is Sacarello’s, in Irish Town, which has been serving up a decent brew for nearly two centuries.
A true Gibraltar haunt for morning coffee, lunch, afternoon tea or supper, this charming old spot also counts on one of the best private art collections on the Rock and a newly installed wine cellar.
For a more formal fine dining experience you should head to charming Queensway Quay, a millionaires playground, where houses start at £4.2 million mark.
Here, you will find the excellent Waterfront restaurant, which sits in pole position by the water and serves up some great light bites as well as more substantial meals.
Also look out for next door Landings restaurant, which has counted John Prescott, First Minister Fabian Picardo and a variety of Coronation Street stars as guests.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05