SPANISH Formula 1 star Fernando Alonso says he is unsure as to whether he will race at this weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix.
The 34-year-old will be examined by governing body FIA’s doctors at the track on Thursday.
The two-time champion said: “Until I get the all-clear from the doctors to race, we cannot assume anything.”
Alonso was recently refused authorisation to compete at the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Doctors from the sport’s governing body – the FIA – found that he was still suffering problems in his neck following his terrifying crash at Melbourne’s Australian Grand Prix.
Alonso’s McLaren collided with Haas’s Esteban Gutierrez, sending him into the air before he crashed down into the gravel trap and wall.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25