SPANISH Formula 1 star Fernando Alonso says he is unsure as to whether he will race at this weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix.
The 34-year-old will be examined by governing body FIA’s doctors at the track on Thursday.
The two-time champion said: “Until I get the all-clear from the doctors to race, we cannot assume anything.”
Alonso was recently refused authorisation to compete at the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Doctors from the sport’s governing body – the FIA – found that he was still suffering problems in his neck following his terrifying crash at Melbourne’s Australian Grand Prix.
Alonso’s McLaren collided with Haas’s Esteban Gutierrez, sending him into the air before he crashed down into the gravel trap and wall.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19