A BRITISH man who was recently released from jail was arrested in Marbella at the wheel of his dodgy Bentley.
Police stopped John Disley, 49, over suspicions of his number plates, which read 81G-J, or ‘Big J’.
Disley, AKA the ‘King of Marbella’, was released early from his four-and-a-half year sentence for an alleged bank fraud operation in the UK after it was quashed by the High Court.
The king was on his way back to Britain but was quickly de-throned when police impounded his Phantom, seized the plates and threw him in a cell.
The former bouncer was put before a judge who told him he faced a charge of falsification.
He was released on bail but remains at the centre of an ongoing court investigation.
Police are questioning how he was able to return to such a lavish lifestyle so soon.
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40