A BRITISH man who was recently released from jail was arrested in Marbella at the wheel of his dodgy Bentley.
Police stopped John Disley, 49, over suspicions of his number plates, which read 81G-J, or ‘Big J’.
Disley, AKA the ‘King of Marbella’, was released early from his four-and-a-half year sentence for an alleged bank fraud operation in the UK after it was quashed by the High Court.
The king was on his way back to Britain but was quickly de-throned when police impounded his Phantom, seized the plates and threw him in a cell.
The former bouncer was put before a judge who told him he faced a charge of falsification.
He was released on bail but remains at the centre of an ongoing court investigation.
Police are questioning how he was able to return to such a lavish lifestyle so soon.
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13