WE know it’s one of the priciest places to live in Spain but what are they selling in La Zagaleta? Plots of gold?
A €29m price tag for a villa is a local record-breaker by our reckoning and it’s being advertised now, here on the Costa del Sol.
Not to knock the Olive Press salary structure but there are no potential buyers in this office, even if it would bring Vladimir Putin’s private life within zoom lens reach of our next exclusive.
Instead of forming a penny-pinching pity party, we organised a tongue-in-cheek search for what you can buy a few rungs down the price ladder.
Area (Building/Plot): 1600/6900m2
Amenities: Private office, library, gym, bar, wine cellar, billiard room, home theatre, bowling alley, golf simulator, sauna, steam baths, salt bath and, of course, that must-have caldarium (what’s that Ed?)
Other details: The villa boasts a south facing vista of its flat plot and the Mediterranean. (We also happen to know that deer and wild boar live in La Zagaleta, too.)
LAS BRISAS, NUEVA ANDALUCIA
Area (Building/Plot): 730/1595m2
Amenities: Covered terrace, fireplace, pool, golf course access, two-car garage, wine cellar, solarium
Other details: La Concha and birdie views as the villa sits beside the 18-hole Las Brisas golf course
Area (Building/Plot): 167/-
Amenities: AirCon, terrace, marble floors
Other details: The penthouse apartment in Elviria offers a panoramic view of the Med, the golf course and La Concha
Bed/Bath: Studio with one bath
Area (Building/Plot): 20/-m2
Other details: Microscopic rather than bijou but the location has something going for it – two minutes walk from the train station and eight to the beach
Area (Building/Plot): -/414m2
Details: This plot in the walled central Spanish town may require a fair deal of labor, but you could rub elbows with former PM John Major, who holidays in Avila
OLIVE PRESS – COSTA DEL SOL
Details: If property isn’t your preferred investment strategy, consider a more diverse approach. Get your foot in the door of a lot more houses than you could ever afford to buy with a 10-issue, half-page ad campaign with the Olive Press
- From Nerja to Manilva: How far has construction of the record-breaking La Senda Litoral walkway progressed? - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 17:53
- Holiday season boosts Spanish train service Renfe - 19 Aug, 2016 @ 14:40
- Floating lanterns banned from Manilva’s Luna Llena festival - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 14:00
- Basque Culinary World Prize awarded to Venezuelan chef - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Spain faces uphill battle to meet new EU emissions goals - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 12:00
- Nerja welcomes hometown World Combat Jujitsu champion - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 17:14
- Dani Garcia opens new restaurant in Puente Romano - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Huge pharma company investing almost €300m into UK post-Brexit - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 09:52
- Spain paying €300m a year in pensions to people who are dead - 11 Aug, 2016 @ 09:02
- Evening horse racing on Sanlucar beach in August - 10 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00