INTERNATIONAL media interest is growing after the first-ever Olive Press front-page splash in Spanish.
Our story covered a petition set up by two Madrid-based British journalists demanding dual citizenship for British expats.
The petition, set up by William Chislett and Giles Tremlett, calls on the Spanish government to grant joint nationality to Britons who have lived in Spain for more than ten years.
Since last week´s Olive Press splash, the number of signatures has grown from 15,000 to 17,000 with the International Business Times and Spanish newspaper Ideal both covering the story.
“Politics, the clever strategists of Podemos say, is something you do or get done to you,” said Tremlett.
“With Brexit, it is something that has been ´done´ to many of us. This petition is a first attempt at salvaging something from the wreckage.
“Please sign, and encourage Spanish friends to do so as well.”
Anyone wishing to sign should search ‘Giles Tremlett’ on Google.
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54