A COSMETIC surgery addict who lives in Marbella has insured his body for €1.1 million.
Air steward Rodrigo Alves, 32, has undergone 43 operations in a bid to look like Barbie’s Ken.
Now he has insured his ‘look’ after a nose job ended in disaster in April.
His sixth rhinoplasty, performed in Iran, took a nosedive when his septum collapsed upon arrival in Marbella.
The Brazilian native had to fork out €47,000 to fix the botched job which had caused necrosis, a flesh-eating infection.
He hopes insurance will prevent future mammoth bills.
“I’ve spent nearly £350,000 on procedures over the past 11 years and I needed some insurance,” he said.
“I pay a monthly premium and from now on, if anything goes wrong I can get it fixed. if I’d been covered it would have paid for my last operation.
“It makes sense really, it’s a bit like having comprehensive cover with your car insurance.”
Rodrigo’s obsession with his looks developed from being severely bullied as a child.
He was diagnosed with a hormone dysfunction, which meant he was unable to develop muscle.
“I was physically bullied, boys would push me down the stairs,” said Rodrigo.
“When I was a kid I wanted to be beautiful and work as a flight attendant.”
In the past year alone, he has spent an incredible £95,000 on 20 surgeries, travelling to clinics from Iran to the United States.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40