LEAKED records on Rafael Nadal and Mo Farah have shown they were permitted to use banned substances.
Hacker group Fancy Bears has released a list of World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) drug test results of well known athletes, which includes Britain’s Olympic golf champion Justin Rose.
The records show that Farah received a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) form to take triamcinolone, before being given permission to use three separate prohibited substances in 2014, including one by intravenous injection.
But when asked by the BBC if he had ever received a TUE in 2015, the Olympic legend specifically stated that he had only received one.
TUE’s allow athletes to take banned substances to treat illnesses or injuries if there are no other viable medical options.
The leak comes after Mo’s former coach Jama Aden became embroiled in a doping scandal earlier this year.
Spanish tennis legend Nadal, who has won every grand slam, includ
ing the French Open nine times in row, was issued TUE certificates in 2009 and 2012, when he was allowed to take the banned substances betamethasone and corticotrophins.
Olympic gold golfer Justin Rose also received a TUE this year to use prednisolone, the leak revealed.
WADA has confirmed the validity of the leak, saying the group had obtained the confidential details illegally.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18