A SPANISH woman has defied biology by falling pregnant at 62… 20 years after she began menopause.
Doctor Line Alvares said that she has been given a ‘second chance at life’, with just weeks remaining until she is due to give birth to a girl.
The mother-of-two, who started menopause 20 years ago, got pregnant by using fertility treatment.
She said: “’They said there was only a 6% chance of success, but I got pregnant with a baby girl.
“Everything is going perfectly. I feel like I’m having a second chance and the pregnancy has made me feel younger and stronger.”
However, not everyone is overjoyed by the ‘miracle’ baby, who will be 18 when her mother reaches 80.
“This person is taking on a huge risk,” said Jose Antonio Castilla, the former secretary general of the Spanish Fertility Society.
“The law which regulates assisted reproduction states that treatment should only be given when neither the baby nor the mother is put at risk.”
The infant will be a younger sister to two big brothers, aged 10 and 27.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59