NOVAK DJOKOVIC has reportedly been seeking spiritual guidance from Spanish tennis player-turned spiritual guru Pepe Imaz.
Imaz’s techniques include telling students to send ‘pleasant thoughts’ to a container of boiled rice as part of projects to better themselves.
The 42-year-old, whose Amor y Paz centre is in Marbella, is known for his unusual methods, which include long hugs for his students.
World number two Djokovic has raised eyebrows by bringing Imaz to the Paris Masters in place of Boris Becker, who has not been present at the tournament.
The Serbian player has grown closer to Imaz – who has been a member of his team for years – since his performance began to dip after claiming the French Open in May.
He soon crashed out of Wimbledon in the third round and failed to reach the US Open final.
Djokovic recently recharged in Marbella, near Imaz’s centre, following a shock defeat to Spain’s Roberto Bautista at the Shanghai Masters.
He combined training at the Puente Romano resort with yoga and strolls along the beach with his wife, son and parents.
The Serbian will be hoping to reclaim his number one spot from Briton Andy Murray at the ATP World Tour finals in London later this month.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49