NOVAK DJOKOVIC has reportedly been seeking spiritual guidance from Spanish tennis player-turned spiritual guru Pepe Imaz.
Imaz’s techniques include telling students to send ‘pleasant thoughts’ to a container of boiled rice as part of projects to better themselves.
The 42-year-old, whose Amor y Paz centre is in Marbella, is known for his unusual methods, which include long hugs for his students.
World number two Djokovic has raised eyebrows by bringing Imaz to the Paris Masters in place of Boris Becker, who has not been present at the tournament.
The Serbian player has grown closer to Imaz – who has been a member of his team for years – since his performance began to dip after claiming the French Open in May.
He soon crashed out of Wimbledon in the third round and failed to reach the US Open final.
Djokovic recently recharged in Marbella, near Imaz’s centre, following a shock defeat to Spain’s Roberto Bautista at the Shanghai Masters.
He combined training at the Puente Romano resort with yoga and strolls along the beach with his wife, son and parents.
The Serbian will be hoping to reclaim his number one spot from Briton Andy Murray at the ATP World Tour finals in London later this month.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26