NOVAK DJOKOVIC has reportedly been seeking spiritual guidance from Spanish tennis player-turned spiritual guru Pepe Imaz.
Imaz’s techniques include telling students to send ‘pleasant thoughts’ to a container of boiled rice as part of projects to better themselves.
The 42-year-old, whose Amor y Paz centre is in Marbella, is known for his unusual methods, which include long hugs for his students.
World number two Djokovic has raised eyebrows by bringing Imaz to the Paris Masters in place of Boris Becker, who has not been present at the tournament.
The Serbian player has grown closer to Imaz – who has been a member of his team for years – since his performance began to dip after claiming the French Open in May.
He soon crashed out of Wimbledon in the third round and failed to reach the US Open final.
Djokovic recently recharged in Marbella, near Imaz’s centre, following a shock defeat to Spain’s Roberto Bautista at the Shanghai Masters.
He combined training at the Puente Romano resort with yoga and strolls along the beach with his wife, son and parents.
The Serbian will be hoping to reclaim his number one spot from Briton Andy Murray at the ATP World Tour finals in London later this month.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26