DONALD TRUMP has won the US presidential election.
For many it feels like Brexit all over again after pollsters and bookies predicted a solid Hillary Clinton victory.
Prime Minister of Spain Mariano Rajoy tweeted reality TV star Trump this morning.
“My congratulations to Donald Trump, we will continue to work together to strengthen Spain’s relationship with the United States.”
Meanwhile, Podemos leader Pablo Iglesias urged the US to resist Trump’s ‘facism’.
He said: “The vaccine against Trump’s fascism is social justice and human rights, not more establishment.”
Ciudadanos leader Alberto Rivera blamed the result on a disgruntled middle class.
“If there are no solutions to the problems of the middle class, populism wins,” he said.
Trump, who has filed for bankruptcy four times and has been accused of sexual assault by ten women, clinched the election after gaining 276 electoral college votes.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18