A SEX offender who fled to Spain has been jailed for three years.
Convicted for having unlawful sex with a 15-year-old girl, Leila Kassam has been sentenced to three years at Blackfriars Crown Court in London.
She was also given an additional one-year sentence for arranging and facilitating child sex offences.
Pleading guilty at her original trial in March, 32-year old Kassam fled to Spain in June where she hid out as a farmhand in Ibiza.
Turned in by the owner of the farm following Crimestoppers appeals, Kassam was extradited to the UK on December 9.
Her ex-boyfriend Paul Silverthorn, 36, is also wanted in connection to the crimes and remains at large.
He has been jailed to nine years in his absence.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36