An investigation by the Daily Telegraph has revealed how Brits are funding their lives in Spain by taking fortnightly placements taking sole care of the vulnerable.
The carers, the Telegraph said, were also offered free travel and accommodation, are only required to undergo a few days training before they can earn £1,700 in two weeks.
British job agencies are said to search resorts like Benidorm and Malaga for new recruits.
Experts have the said the probe proves there is a “massive crisis” in care of the elderly with a high turnover in the sector.
They also said that they feared many pensioners were receiving the most intimate care from virtual strangers.
The agents boasted of a “huge increase” in the number of expats coming from Spain, of whom many reportedly admitted they did not want to do the job but were attracted by the money.
Age UK director Caroline Abrahams was incensed by the revelations, saying it is “yet another symptom of a crisis in social care.”
Many of the recruits were found to not have any professional qualifications or previous experience of care.
It is believed Brits have been driven to the work by a crippling downturn in the Spanish economy, or to supplement business interests such as bars and restaurants.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31