A BOMB squad has been called to Puerto Banus to investigate a suspicious package.
The roads surrounding the Playas del Duque area have been closed off after a suspicious black suitcase was spotted by authorities.
Meanwhile a blast in an apartment block in nearby San Pedro has left a man seriously burnt.
Olive Press sources say he has been rushed to hospital while others are being attended to.
It has initially been put down to a ‘gas cannister explosion’ while police investigate further.
A National Police source in Malaga has told the Olive Press that Andalucia has been placed on high alert level 4 and that authorities will be on extra guard, especially between January 5 – 8.
The source said there have been fears of an ‘imminent attack for weeks’.
A Guardia Civil source meanwhile told the Olive Press the police controls are at the highest they have been ‘in a year, everyone is on high alert’.
There have been claims that police plan to use a high-tech scrambling device for mobile phones in areas of high tourist and public concentration for the Reyes processions on January 5.
More to follow…
- ‘WE’RE BEING POISONED’: Video of ship billowing black fumes ‘onto people’s homes’ outrages Gibraltar residents - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:43
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04