But when it comes to partying the British and Spanish are neck and neck. Or should that be nose to nose?
Both nations have the dubious honour of being the highest cocaine users in Europe.
The two countries also have the highest consumption of ecstasy, with 4.2% of British and 3.3% of Spanish 15 to 34-year-olds admitting to taking the Class A drug.
A study by the OECD also found the Spanish to be pretty similar when it came to boozing.
According to the study, the Spanish are the fourth biggest drinkers of alcohol, at least among teens.
The report found that the percentage of 15-year-old girls who have been drunk at least twice was 33% in the UK, and 21% in Spain, and a massive 38% in Denmark.
More worryingly for the British youth was its Gonorrhea levels, which far surpassed the rest of Europe, with 59.7 people per 100,000 having the pus-producing infection, followed by Ireland with 28.3.
Spain came fourth with 9.8 per 100,000.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19