But when it comes to partying the British and Spanish are neck and neck. Or should that be nose to nose?
Both nations have the dubious honour of being the highest cocaine users in Europe.
The two countries also have the highest consumption of ecstasy, with 4.2% of British and 3.3% of Spanish 15 to 34-year-olds admitting to taking the Class A drug.
A study by the OECD also found the Spanish to be pretty similar when it came to boozing.
According to the study, the Spanish are the fourth biggest drinkers of alcohol, at least among teens.
The report found that the percentage of 15-year-old girls who have been drunk at least twice was 33% in the UK, and 21% in Spain, and a massive 38% in Denmark.
More worryingly for the British youth was its Gonorrhea levels, which far surpassed the rest of Europe, with 59.7 people per 100,000 having the pus-producing infection, followed by Ireland with 28.3.
Spain came fourth with 9.8 per 100,000.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49