THE mayor of a small Granada town has spoken of her ‘revulsion’ at the execution of a local expat’s rescue dogs.
Práxedes Moreno Urrutia, of Caniles, spoke out after reading the shocking account of Illona Mitchell’s animals in the Olive Press last issue, which was later followed up in the UK and across Spain (see page 6).
“I have to express my total revulsion,” she said in a statement, “I hope the culprits pay for this.
“I, like the majority of Canileros, are lovers of animals and in my house we have a dog who we treat like a member of the family.”
She added: “If it is revealed that the culprit is from Caniles, I will publicly ask for forgiveness on my behalf and on the behalf of all Canileros.”
Expat Mitchell claims that five dogs shot and a horse attacked was instigated by hunters.
Police have already interviewed several hunters and the investigation continues.
“Since your story they are really looking into it,” Mitchell told the Olive Press, “I would have liked them to have started sooner, but at least something seems to be being done now.”
The dogs who survived the attack are still visibly shaken.
“Molly, whose puppy was killed, isn’t eating because she’s still traumatised,” added Mitchell, “I don’t think they will ever be the same.”
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16