EFFIGIES of Donald Trump went up in flames at the finale of the Las Fallas festival in Valencia in March.
Months of painstaking work go into constructing the giant ‘ninots’ out of wood, plaster and papier mâché before they are burned to the ground at the festival’s fiery finish.
The yearly tradition marks the change of seasons with a five-day fiesta commemorating Saint Joseph, the patron saint of carpenters.
Hundreds of sculptures are scattered across the city for the public to view before they vote to elect their favourites.
They are then saved from the bonfire to join a select number of ninots at the local Fallas Museum.
Unfortunately for Trump, he wasn’t looked too favourably upon.
The statues usually parody Spanish politicians, celebrities and local stories but often extend to global personalities.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19