A SONG of unity by a Gibraltarian musician has been chosen as the official anthem for a summit in Marbella.
Surianne Dalmedo’s single We Are As One was chosen to represent the United Nationalities Marbella Summit, which took place at Laude San Pedro School on April 25.
The event brought together Marbella’s different nationalities to discuss solutions to local problems experienced by the community.
Surianne, who co-wrote We Are As One with UK musician Terry Shaughnessy, was inspired to write the song after reading a Eurovision Song Contest blog about Gibraltar.
“The blogger wrote that Gibraltar would be a good country to take part in the Eurovision and mentioned me as an artist who should perform,” Surianne told the Olive Press.
“That inspired me to write a song about unity. The message is we are all one and we are all made of the same flesh and bone.
Surianne performed We Are As One at this week´s summit, and is preparing for a free gig at Gibraltar´s Jazz Cafe on May 13.
The tireless musician will also run creative music workshops for children at Cancer Care Relief.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00