A ‘BREAKING BAD’-style Mallorca drug maker has been sentenced to three years in prison.
The unnamed Bulgarian national, 29, was caught making MDMA and other ‘designer’ drugs in a drugs laboratory in Palma.
The man, who worked as a lab assistant, posed as a university professor to buy the supplies he needed to cook up the drugs, leading Palma police to label the case ‘Breaking Bad Mallorca’, after the hit US show about a drug maker with terminal cancer.
Police found 9.2 grammes of opium when they raided the man’s flat as well as chemicals such as sulphuric acid, scales and filters.
They also unearthed recipes the man followed showing him how to mix the cocktail of substances.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00