Vera Mol (pictured), had a rope attached to her, but it wasn’t tied to anything when she jumped off the bridge of Cabezon de la Sal in Cantabria in 2015.
The tragic mix up came after the Dutch teenager’s instructor said ‘no jump’, which she mistook for ‘now jump’.
The instructor, who has not been named, has appeared in court accused of causing the girl’s death.
The court alleged the bridge was not supposed to be used for bungee jumping under Spanish regulations.
Additionally, Judges in the court of Cantabria, northern Spain, say the instructor should have checked for ID to make sure Vera was 18, adding that his English was ‘macarronico’, which translates to ‘very bad’.
The instructor was allegedly supposed to use the phrase ‘don’t jump’ as a matter of protocol.
Flowtrack, who run the bungee jumping company which employed the man, claim it was an accident.
Martijn Klom from the company did admit the girl’s death was caused by a misunderstanding when she was receiving instructions.
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29