In the widely shared pic, a young woman walks down the street as a couple pass by in the opposite direction.
The boyfriend then turns round to look at the young woman’s behind and his girlfriend catches him.
Internet users have now gone wild with the picture, taken in Girona in 2015 by snapper Antonio Guillem, making hundreds of different so-called ‘memes’.
In most, the boyfriend represents us, the woman walking by represents our mistakes, and the girlfriend represents the good decisions we don’t make.
It’s also become a metaphor for our desire for something new.
Guillem said he has received so many interview requests from media that he’s been overwhelmed.
The picture is uncannily similar to a photo of President Obama checking out the backside of a woman at a G8 conference, next to French Prime Minister Nicholas Sarkozy.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05