A ‘GARDEN gnome’ has forced a road closure outside the government’s Palma HQ.
Police sniffer dogs and the bomb squad were alerted after a man left the 30 cm clay figurine outside the Consell Insular.
The little man led to the street being barricaded off by cops.
Francisco Covas, a security guard at the government buildings, told police he saw a ‘rather unkempt-looking’ man leave the garden gnome and flee.
After seeing the suspect, Covas immediately placed a ‘Caution’ sign next to the figurine and called police.
“I was quite scared, you can’t be too careful”, he said.
Two members of Palma’s bomb squad checked the wee figurine out and verified he was not a threat before roads were reopened 20 minutes later.
- From court to caught: the rags to riches story of Mallorca’s ‘King of the Night’ Tolo Cursach - 23 Sep, 2017 @ 05:11
- EXCLUSIVE: Mallorca mugger breaks leg after fleeing from Santa Catalina robbery - 21 Sep, 2017 @ 13:56
- Garden gnome causes bomb scare outside Palma government’s headquarters - 18 Sep, 2017 @ 15:16
- New weapon launched to net illegal fishing offenders in Mallorca - 17 Sep, 2017 @ 13:58
- Tourist arrested for driving drunk while naked in Mallorca - 16 Sep, 2017 @ 07:15
- Balearic Tourism Ministry vows to crack down on scam rental holiday sites - 15 Sep, 2017 @ 07:08
- British mother and daughter accused of running multi-million euro holiday sickness scam in Spain - 7 Sep, 2017 @ 13:55
- REVEALED: The most expensive place to fill up your car in Spain… and it costs even more than the UK! - 6 Sep, 2017 @ 15:41