A LEADING Andalucia ecologist who was arrested after drugs were planted in his car is adamant he knows who is behind the stitch-up.
Ecologistas en Accion’s Juan Clavero was banged up after 47 grammes of cocaine were found under his seat.
This month, a judge dismissed the case against Clavero, who is battling to halt development and the blocking of public footpaths in the Sierra de Grazalema natural Park, between Grazalema and Ronda.
A rally in support of the green campaigner will take place on October 8 in the area, meeting at Laguna del Perezoso, near Benamahona.
“We have identified the name and address of the person responsible for planting the drugs,” said Clavero
A judge ruled that Clavero was the victim of ‘malicious acts by third parties (…) involving him in a crime [drug trafficking] of which there is no evidence whatsoever’.
Organisers of next Sunday’s protest are demanding ‘full clarification’ of what happened to Clavero, who spent a night behind bars.
Clavero says he has also received threats to burn down his house, and believes police may be colluding against him.
“I have suffered violent acts, but a stunt of this magnitude, with surveillance on my house, probably involves some complicity within the State Security Forces,” he said.
On the morning of his arrest, Clavero had taken part in a protest against private fincas allegedly encroaching on public pathways in the area.
When he returned to his car Guardia Civil officers were waiting, pulling out a bag containing the drugs after a search of the vehicle.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00