A TRAIN has derailed after leaving Malaga this morning.
The train, carrying around 70 passangers, derailed in Arahal, in Sevilla, injuring at least 21.
Tren k va de Malaga a Sevilla tubo un pequeno accidente . pic.twitter.com/oVJfD6Qx0A
— Viktor (@BusinessOnline6) November 29, 2017
At least three are said to be seriously injured, according to the Junta.
A 061 helicopter, an ambulance, a nursing device, two 061 teams, four mobile and basic life support teams plus seven external support ambulances have rushed to the scene.
Guardia Civil de Montaña has also mobilized its helicopter to assist in the care of the wounded.
It comes after the area was hit by heavy rainfall last night and this morning.
Passengers that are not injured have been moved on to buses.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40