SOME 23 Junta politicians are being investigated as part of the training courses scandal.
The training courses scandal saw Junta money, destined for courses to help people get employment, line the pockets of corrupt politicians.
Around €11.9 million has been recovered out of an estimated €149 million that is thought to have been stolen.
It comes after the Anti-corruption Prosecutor’s Office concluded that the Andalucia Foundation for Training and Employment made more than 8,000 ‘irregular contracts’ amounting to at least €9.4 million.
Among the 23 to be investigated are the former socialist mayor of Sevilla town Lebrija Antonio Torres Garcia and the former director of FAFFE Fernando Jose Villen Rueda.
Reuda has been ordered to provide authorities with ‘the email logs’ of the Faffe Foundation and give the Guardia Civil the organisation’s full financial records, including all expenses and payments.
The implicated will appear before judge María Núñez Bolaños in February 2018.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26