A MAN has admitted killing his sister while she slept in her Costa del Sol home.
The unnamed defendant acknowledged the charges against him in front of a jury in Malaga yesterday, saying his sibling ‘made his life bitter’ and ‘called him lazy’.
The accused’s sister was beaten on the head with an iron before being strangled with its cord.
The prosecutor’s office are seeking 21 years and eight months in prison for murder.
Following an argument in October 2016, the accused, who lived in Morocco, could not sleep.
He told the jury how could not get his sister’s ‘cutting words’ out of his head.
The mother-of-two, according to the defendant, repeatedly told him he was a ‘waste of space’ and that he never took advantage of opportunities.
“She never helped you, she only put you down,” the defendant told the court.
So at 3.00am, he entered her room and bashed her head in with an iron before wrapping the cord around her neck and strangling her to death.
“I am very sorry,” he added, “I know I have hurt my whole family.”
The defense are seeking a nine-year manslaughter sentence, arguing the man had suffered years of abuse.
The trial continues.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26