DETAILS have emerged of the victim of a lethal hit-and-run in Marbella.
Paul Murphy, 60, died after being struck by a Range Rover outside his home in Puerto Banus on January 23.
Hours later the man’s 30-year-old son, his Spanish girlfriend, 20, and a pal were held in connection with the incident.
Sources said they were arrested on suspicion of homicide — although the idea they may have struck him by mistake has not been ruled out.
According to Policia Nacional, the SUV pulled up by the home around 1.45am on January 23.
The son, friend, and Spanish girlfriend all remained in the vehicle while the father got out.
The corpse was left laying in the road and police were soon able to identify the vehicle behind the hit.
Cops took away the Range Rover for forensic tests.
The victim is said to have had a passport in one name and driving licence in another.
Yesterday the arrested trio were bailed but they cannot leave Spain while police investigate.
Murphy lived in a £2,000-a-month villa near Puerto Banus.
“He drove a discreet car but he must had had quite a bit of money because houses round here rent for up to £2,000 a month long-term and upwards of £5,000 in high-season on short lets.
“I still can’t get the sight of the two large blood stains where he ended up on the tarmac out of my head.”
A spokesman for Spain’s National Police confirmed: “We are investigating the death of a British national who was run over near Puerto Banus and have arrested three people.”
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50