DETAILS have emerged of the victim of a lethal hit-and-run in Marbella.
Paul Murphy, 60, died after being struck by a Range Rover outside his home in Puerto Banus on January 23.
Hours later the man’s 30-year-old son, his Spanish girlfriend, 20, and a pal were held in connection with the incident.
Sources said they were arrested on suspicion of homicide — although the idea they may have struck him by mistake has not been ruled out.
According to Policia Nacional, the SUV pulled up by the home around 1.45am on January 23.
The son, friend, and Spanish girlfriend all remained in the vehicle while the father got out.
The corpse was left laying in the road and police were soon able to identify the vehicle behind the hit.
Cops took away the Range Rover for forensic tests.
The victim is said to have had a passport in one name and driving licence in another.
Yesterday the arrested trio were bailed but they cannot leave Spain while police investigate.
Murphy lived in a £2,000-a-month villa near Puerto Banus.
“He drove a discreet car but he must had had quite a bit of money because houses round here rent for up to £2,000 a month long-term and upwards of £5,000 in high-season on short lets.
“I still can’t get the sight of the two large blood stains where he ended up on the tarmac out of my head.”
A spokesman for Spain’s National Police confirmed: “We are investigating the death of a British national who was run over near Puerto Banus and have arrested three people.”
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31