DETAILS have emerged of the victim of a lethal hit-and-run in Marbella.
Paul Murphy, 60, died after being struck by a Range Rover outside his home in Puerto Banus on January 23.
Hours later the man’s 30-year-old son, his Spanish girlfriend, 20, and a pal were held in connection with the incident.
Sources said they were arrested on suspicion of homicide — although the idea they may have struck him by mistake has not been ruled out.
According to Policia Nacional, the SUV pulled up by the home around 1.45am on January 23.
The son, friend, and Spanish girlfriend all remained in the vehicle while the father got out.
The corpse was left laying in the road and police were soon able to identify the vehicle behind the hit.
Cops took away the Range Rover for forensic tests.
The victim is said to have had a passport in one name and driving licence in another.
Yesterday the arrested trio were bailed but they cannot leave Spain while police investigate.
Murphy lived in a £2,000-a-month villa near Puerto Banus.
“He drove a discreet car but he must had had quite a bit of money because houses round here rent for up to £2,000 a month long-term and upwards of £5,000 in high-season on short lets.
“I still can’t get the sight of the two large blood stains where he ended up on the tarmac out of my head.”
A spokesman for Spain’s National Police confirmed: “We are investigating the death of a British national who was run over near Puerto Banus and have arrested three people.”
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20