A CARNIVAL organiser in Andalucia has been sentenced to 34 years and 10 months in prison after admitting to the rape and sexual abuse of four boys.
The abuser abused four minors who were part of his troop and under his tutelage when preparing for the carnival.
The sentence comes three years after he was arrested in January 2015.
He must also pay €150,000 in compensation to his victims.
He was sentenced to two continued crimes of sexual abuse with penetration and two continuing crimes of sexual abuse without penetration and two offences of exhbitionism.
The defendant was president of a carnival club in the neighborhood of La Viña de Cádiz, where they used to practice the children’s parade.
There he was able to approach the boys, whom he ‘brought gifts and took them to eat, to buy things, to have fun in the bowling alley of El Puerto de Santa María, to the attractions of Chiqui Park, in Chiclana and on one occasion he took one to Eurodisney.’
It was all part of a plan to get sexual satisfaction from the children after after gaining their trust, the sentence read.
The court heard how one 11-year-old victim was bought a Playstation and taken out to eat on several occassions before he was taken to the defendant’s home where the abuser took photos of him naked and performed sex acts on him.
He also won with gifts and meals the trust of another child under ten years of age, whom he also took home.
At least ten times the three of them were at home taking pornographic images and performing sexual acts.
He stopped having sex with one of the victims in 2014 because the boy wanted to leave the troop.
He continued with the others until the age of 12, during which he gave money for sexual favours and, as a gift, took one of them to Eurodisney.
In the summer of 2014 sexual abuse began with two other children who frequented the carnival club, one aged 12 and the other just eight.
Although he tried to eliminate the photos and videos of child pornography stored in his computer and in his mobile phone, police were able to recover enough.
Among other documents there were twenty videos of child pornography and a hard disk with 343 image files with minors naked and practicing sexual relations with adults.
Two of the children still need specialized psychological intervention with a habitual character to overcome the consequences of having suffered these abuses.
The prosecution asked for a penalty of 62 years and two months in prison, which has been lowered to 34 years and ten months.
The sentence forbids the defendant being less than 200 meters from two of the minors, their homes and any place frequented by them, and from communicating with the victims for 20 and a half years, and for 20 years; while in the case of a third minor this prohibition will be extended for 15 years and with respect to the fourth of the victims the prohibition will be in force for a term of 10 years.
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59
- Life in the laid-back East of the Costa del Sol has never seemed more appealing - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 10:10