A CARNIVAL organiser in Andalucia has been sentenced to 34 years and 10 months in prison after admitting to the rape and sexual abuse of four boys.
The abuser abused four minors who were part of his troop and under his tutelage when preparing for the carnival.
The sentence comes three years after he was arrested in January 2015.
He must also pay €150,000 in compensation to his victims.
He was sentenced to two continued crimes of sexual abuse with penetration and two continuing crimes of sexual abuse without penetration and two offences of exhbitionism.
The defendant was president of a carnival club in the neighborhood of La Viña de Cádiz, where they used to practice the children’s parade.
There he was able to approach the boys, whom he ‘brought gifts and took them to eat, to buy things, to have fun in the bowling alley of El Puerto de Santa María, to the attractions of Chiqui Park, in Chiclana and on one occasion he took one to Eurodisney.’
It was all part of a plan to get sexual satisfaction from the children after after gaining their trust, the sentence read.
The court heard how one 11-year-old victim was bought a Playstation and taken out to eat on several occassions before he was taken to the defendant’s home where the abuser took photos of him naked and performed sex acts on him.
He also won with gifts and meals the trust of another child under ten years of age, whom he also took home.
At least ten times the three of them were at home taking pornographic images and performing sexual acts.
He stopped having sex with one of the victims in 2014 because the boy wanted to leave the troop.
He continued with the others until the age of 12, during which he gave money for sexual favours and, as a gift, took one of them to Eurodisney.
In the summer of 2014 sexual abuse began with two other children who frequented the carnival club, one aged 12 and the other just eight.
Although he tried to eliminate the photos and videos of child pornography stored in his computer and in his mobile phone, police were able to recover enough.
Among other documents there were twenty videos of child pornography and a hard disk with 343 image files with minors naked and practicing sexual relations with adults.
Two of the children still need specialized psychological intervention with a habitual character to overcome the consequences of having suffered these abuses.
The prosecution asked for a penalty of 62 years and two months in prison, which has been lowered to 34 years and ten months.
The sentence forbids the defendant being less than 200 meters from two of the minors, their homes and any place frequented by them, and from communicating with the victims for 20 and a half years, and for 20 years; while in the case of a third minor this prohibition will be extended for 15 years and with respect to the fourth of the victims the prohibition will be in force for a term of 10 years.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22