A MAN has been rescued after spending eight days trapped in a snow-covered cabin in Asturias.
He had taken refuge in the hut while tendering to his cattle but a heavy snowstorm meant he had to abandon the work in the Agüería port of Bárzana de Quiros but was able to call his cousin.
His cousin called the Guardia Civil who dispatched the Rescue and Mountain Group and Helicopter Unit to bring the man home.
While speaking to his cousin he said he had ran out of food and would soon run out of wood to keep himself warm.
But the snow meant officers had to ski down to the hut because it was too thick to land nearby to rescue the stranded man.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11