YOU can now get a home in Spain for just €5… well, if you’re lucky that is.
It’s all thanks to a pioneering business dedicated to raffling off properties.
LotoHome will sell 70,000 raffle tickets at €5 each, and when they are all bought, a winner is chosen.
It means the homeowner walks away with €350,000 guaranteed.
The latest home is a completely refurbished, two-bedroom, one-bathroom property just five minutes from the beach in the middle of Alcalà de Xivert in Castellón.
It comes with a storage room, basement, living room, dining room, kitchen and two terraces.
The winner will be announced next February 14, with hundreds of tickets already being sold.
Anyone from around the world can buy a ticket since the company paired with PayPal.
Founder Pepe Bolumar got the idea of LotoHome after raffling off his grandmother’s home in Castellon in 2014, when the property market was still recovering.
“We thought that raffling it off would be a good formula, as well as being a way to launch this novel business and showing that it can work, that it can be a profitable business,” he told El Pais.
They managed to sell 32,000 of the 40,000 raffle tickets at €10 each, with punters from as far away as Africa, Latin America, Russia and Canada.
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10