YOU can now get a home in Spain for just €5… well, if you’re lucky that is.
It’s all thanks to a pioneering business dedicated to raffling off properties.
LotoHome will sell 70,000 raffle tickets at €5 each, and when they are all bought, a winner is chosen.
It means the homeowner walks away with €350,000 guaranteed.
The latest home is a completely refurbished, two-bedroom, one-bathroom property just five minutes from the beach in the middle of Alcalà de Xivert in Castellón.
It comes with a storage room, basement, living room, dining room, kitchen and two terraces.
The winner will be announced next February 14, with hundreds of tickets already being sold.
Anyone from around the world can buy a ticket since the company paired with PayPal.
Founder Pepe Bolumar got the idea of LotoHome after raffling off his grandmother’s home in Castellon in 2014, when the property market was still recovering.
“We thought that raffling it off would be a good formula, as well as being a way to launch this novel business and showing that it can work, that it can be a profitable business,” he told El Pais.
They managed to sell 32,000 of the 40,000 raffle tickets at €10 each, with punters from as far away as Africa, Latin America, Russia and Canada.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40