YOU can now get a home in Spain for just €5… well, if you’re lucky that is.
It’s all thanks to a pioneering business dedicated to raffling off properties.
LotoHome will sell 70,000 raffle tickets at €5 each, and when they are all bought, a winner is chosen.
It means the homeowner walks away with €350,000 guaranteed.
The latest home is a completely refurbished, two-bedroom, one-bathroom property just five minutes from the beach in the middle of Alcalà de Xivert in Castellón.
It comes with a storage room, basement, living room, dining room, kitchen and two terraces.
The winner will be announced next February 14, with hundreds of tickets already being sold.
Anyone from around the world can buy a ticket since the company paired with PayPal.
Founder Pepe Bolumar got the idea of LotoHome after raffling off his grandmother’s home in Castellon in 2014, when the property market was still recovering.
“We thought that raffling it off would be a good formula, as well as being a way to launch this novel business and showing that it can work, that it can be a profitable business,” he told El Pais.
They managed to sell 32,000 of the 40,000 raffle tickets at €10 each, with punters from as far away as Africa, Latin America, Russia and Canada.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26