THERE are few things as pleasurable as making your own chocolate.
But that is what chef Tino Wolter gets to do every day at his magical cocoa shop Cachao Chocolates in the heart of Santa Catalina.
Having worked in Michelin starred restaurants in Germany, he loves mixing up local ingredients with the amazing quality beans he gets from an ecological farm in Bali, Indonesia.
This includes Mallorcan salt, as well as oranges and apricots from around the island.
“I love to invent things and here I have the freedom to create whatever I like,” Tino tells the Olive Press.
He knows exactly where every ingredient has come from, carefully choosing every product, such as coconut blossom nectar and vanilla.
The beans are naturally grown around mango, pepper, vanilla and coconut trees, unlike plantations that provide 90 percent of the world’s cocoa.
“I like to work with local people, someone might bring in something fresh from their farm, and I’ll turn it into something special,” Tino explains of his creative process.
The chocolate comes as raw, vegan, organic, gluten-free, dairy and sugar-free.
The shop, which is part of Santa Catalina’s B Connected group, can be found in Carrer Soler.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15