A WHO’S who of Spain’s top chefs will cooking up a storm to pay tribute to legend Juan Mari Arzak in Marbella next week.
A total of 20 Michelin starred chefs will be whisking in to the A Cuatro Manos event at the Puente Romano hotel from March 18 to 20.
Hosted by Marbella’s very own superchef Dani Garcia, the group of chefs – who hold 40 stars between them – comprise the very best of New Basque cuisine.
As well as Arzak’s very own daughter Elena – who has maintained the three stars at his same name restaurant – triple-starred Juan Roca and Martin Berasategui – who has a total of eight stars – will also be on hand.
They are set to be joined by Ramon Freixa, Paco Roncero and Andoni Luis Aduriz, who is ranked as the third best chef in the world.
Also set to grace the stage are Asturias’ top chef Nacho Manzano (who the Olive Press reviewed last year), as well as legendary Peruvian chef Gaston Acurio, who has won the Best Chef in South America award.
And such an event wouldn’t be the same without Ferran Adria, whose El Bulli restaurant won the Best Restaurant in the World award for five years in a row.
Two years ago, at the same event, he told the Olive Press that it was ‘one of the best collections of chefs he had ever come across in the world’.
Now in its fifth year, the A Cuatro Manos event, is billed as ‘where the creativity and talent of the participants is the driving force of unique, exclusive and unrepeatable nights’.
Marbella mayor Angeles Munoz described the event as a ‘key international event’ which helps to put Marbella on the food map.
“Marbella can now boast of top haute cuisine and has an unparalleled offer of quality and excellence,” she said.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00