A WHO’S who of Spain’s top chefs will cooking up a storm to pay tribute to legend Juan Mari Arzak in Marbella next week.
A total of 20 Michelin starred chefs will be whisking in to the A Cuatro Manos event at the Puente Romano hotel from March 18 to 20.
Hosted by Marbella’s very own superchef Dani Garcia, the group of chefs – who hold 40 stars between them – comprise the very best of New Basque cuisine.
As well as Arzak’s very own daughter Elena – who has maintained the three stars at his same name restaurant – triple-starred Juan Roca and Martin Berasategui – who has a total of eight stars – will also be on hand.
They are set to be joined by Ramon Freixa, Paco Roncero and Andoni Luis Aduriz, who is ranked as the third best chef in the world.
Also set to grace the stage are Asturias’ top chef Nacho Manzano (who the Olive Press reviewed last year), as well as legendary Peruvian chef Gaston Acurio, who has won the Best Chef in South America award.
And such an event wouldn’t be the same without Ferran Adria, whose El Bulli restaurant won the Best Restaurant in the World award for five years in a row.
Two years ago, at the same event, he told the Olive Press that it was ‘one of the best collections of chefs he had ever come across in the world’.
Now in its fifth year, the A Cuatro Manos event, is billed as ‘where the creativity and talent of the participants is the driving force of unique, exclusive and unrepeatable nights’.
Marbella mayor Angeles Munoz described the event as a ‘key international event’ which helps to put Marbella on the food map.
“Marbella can now boast of top haute cuisine and has an unparalleled offer of quality and excellence,” she said.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00