NEW ‘hidden’ speed cameras will be rolled out across Spain on March 28, the beginning of Semana Santa.
According to the Directorate General of Traffic (DGT), 30 of the 60 new cameras will be up and operating from March 28, with the rest being rolled out by early May.
The so-called Velolaser is a small and portable camera that can record speeding drivers ‘without being noticed’.
The locations of the new cameras have not been revealed.
Its light and compact character allows it to be placed in the guardrails and in police vehicles.
The Velolaser can capture speeds of up to 250 km / h in both lanes, at a distance of between 15 and 50 meters and can operate in extreme temperatures (from 0 to 50 ° C).
Its management is possible from any mobile device through a 3G or 4G connection, and the data can be sent to several devices at the same time.
The DGT hopes it will help reduce accidents caused by speeding.
In the Holy Week of 2017 there were 29 deaths on Spanish roads, the lowest number of deaths in accidents of the last four years.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20