NEW ‘hidden’ speed cameras will be rolled out across Spain on March 28, the beginning of Semana Santa.
According to the Directorate General of Traffic (DGT), 30 of the 60 new cameras will be up and operating from March 28, with the rest being rolled out by early May.
The so-called Velolaser is a small and portable camera that can record speeding drivers ‘without being noticed’.
The locations of the new cameras have not been revealed.
Its light and compact character allows it to be placed in the guardrails and in police vehicles.
The Velolaser can capture speeds of up to 250 km / h in both lanes, at a distance of between 15 and 50 meters and can operate in extreme temperatures (from 0 to 50 ° C).
Its management is possible from any mobile device through a 3G or 4G connection, and the data can be sent to several devices at the same time.
The DGT hopes it will help reduce accidents caused by speeding.
In the Holy Week of 2017 there were 29 deaths on Spanish roads, the lowest number of deaths in accidents of the last four years.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59