This is Claro Beach Club, where you can combine the breaking of the waves, with shady palm trees and gourmet food to boot.
The brainchild of a Belgium publisher Axel and his wife Christine, it is the very epitome of chill and a place you start to unwind the minute you walk through the door.
While benefiting from the easy parking and branding of Laguna Village, it has a rather different feel. “It’s less St Tropez and bling bling and more hippy chic,” explains Christine.
“We wanted to create a place for families and children, with good food and Clear as daylight Jon Clarke reviews Claro Beach Club, one of the coolest spots to head for on Estepona’s coast we fell in love with the place the minute we saw it.”
Describing herself and her husband as gourmets she wants their clients to expect in their place, what they expect in other restaurants.
“As Estepona comes up in terms of quality real estate and wealthier buyers, we wanted to bring the quality of food up, but also with good service,” she continues.
I sat and watched a pair of fishermen by the shore, before tucking into the first ‘espeto’ sardines of the season, cooked absolutely perfectly to a tee in the special bbq boat house.
Next up I tried some beautifully presented goats cheese ‘crujientes’, a sort of cross between croquettes, with almonds.
There was also fried squid in a kimchee sauce, as well as a ceviche of sea bass and cigalas with tiger milk and mango.
All in all there is a good price to quality ratio and I expect this place to become increasingly busy come summer time.
And best of all, after a big splurge you can burn off the calories taking the pleasant walk west towards Estepona town centre, along the recently finished wooden coast walkway. Or take a dip right there.
Claro Beach club, Laguna village – A7 exit 160, Reservation: 952 800 873 or [email protected]
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05