This is Claro Beach Club, where you can combine the breaking of the waves, with shady palm trees and gourmet food to boot.
The brainchild of a Belgium publisher Axel and his wife Christine, it is the very epitome of chill and a place you start to unwind the minute you walk through the door.
While benefiting from the easy parking and branding of Laguna Village, it has a rather different feel. “It’s less St Tropez and bling bling and more hippy chic,” explains Christine.
“We wanted to create a place for families and children, with good food and Clear as daylight Jon Clarke reviews Claro Beach Club, one of the coolest spots to head for on Estepona’s coast we fell in love with the place the minute we saw it.”
Describing herself and her husband as gourmets she wants their clients to expect in their place, what they expect in other restaurants.
“As Estepona comes up in terms of quality real estate and wealthier buyers, we wanted to bring the quality of food up, but also with good service,” she continues.
I sat and watched a pair of fishermen by the shore, before tucking into the first ‘espeto’ sardines of the season, cooked absolutely perfectly to a tee in the special bbq boat house.
Next up I tried some beautifully presented goats cheese ‘crujientes’, a sort of cross between croquettes, with almonds.
There was also fried squid in a kimchee sauce, as well as a ceviche of sea bass and cigalas with tiger milk and mango.
All in all there is a good price to quality ratio and I expect this place to become increasingly busy come summer time.
And best of all, after a big splurge you can burn off the calories taking the pleasant walk west towards Estepona town centre, along the recently finished wooden coast walkway. Or take a dip right there.
Claro Beach club, Laguna village – A7 exit 160, Reservation: 952 800 873 or [email protected]
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45