This is Claro Beach Club, where you can combine the breaking of the waves, with shady palm trees and gourmet food to boot.
The brainchild of a Belgium publisher Axel and his wife Christine, it is the very epitome of chill and a place you start to unwind the minute you walk through the door.
While benefiting from the easy parking and branding of Laguna Village, it has a rather different feel. “It’s less St Tropez and bling bling and more hippy chic,” explains Christine.
“We wanted to create a place for families and children, with good food and Clear as daylight Jon Clarke reviews Claro Beach Club, one of the coolest spots to head for on Estepona’s coast we fell in love with the place the minute we saw it.”
Describing herself and her husband as gourmets she wants their clients to expect in their place, what they expect in other restaurants.
“As Estepona comes up in terms of quality real estate and wealthier buyers, we wanted to bring the quality of food up, but also with good service,” she continues.
I sat and watched a pair of fishermen by the shore, before tucking into the first ‘espeto’ sardines of the season, cooked absolutely perfectly to a tee in the special bbq boat house.
Next up I tried some beautifully presented goats cheese ‘crujientes’, a sort of cross between croquettes, with almonds.
There was also fried squid in a kimchee sauce, as well as a ceviche of sea bass and cigalas with tiger milk and mango.
All in all there is a good price to quality ratio and I expect this place to become increasingly busy come summer time.
And best of all, after a big splurge you can burn off the calories taking the pleasant walk west towards Estepona town centre, along the recently finished wooden coast walkway. Or take a dip right there.
Claro Beach club, Laguna village – A7 exit 160, Reservation: 952 800 873 or [email protected]
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23