ONE of Spain’s most dangerous terrorists is facing a seven-year sentence after being arrested on the Costa del Sol.
He fled to Syria in 2012 to join ISIS, where he joined his brother Hamza and trained with the terrorist group for three years.
According to intelligence sources, he took part in the taking of Raqqa airport in the summer of 2014 as well as the beheading of 87 Syrian army soldiers at Base 17.
He was then sent to Europe to help fund the sick death cult and acquire arms for its terrorist activity.
Samsam was picked up in a Benahavis hotel on June 30 last year, accused of promoting terrorism and recruiting jihadists.
The prosecution is seeking seven years in prison and six years of probation.
During his three-week stint on the Costa del Sol, Samsam changed his hotel nine times while shopping for weapons and bulletproof vests.
According to investigators, despite being an ‘absolute follower’ of ISIS – he spent huge amounts of money, drank alcohol, enjoyed drugs and had sex with several prostitutes.
All the while he was using social media in an attempt to recruit so-called ‘foot soldiers’ or ‘lone wolves’ to carry out attacks in Spain and Europe.
He used sites like Youtube to spread beheading videos and highly graphic propaganda videos.
The trial starts in Madrid tomorrow.
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27