The unnamed suspect, 36, was held in Javea on the Costa Blanca on a European Arrest Warrant.’
It comes after he allegedly slashed three men in a nightclub in Liverpool following an argument on December 21, 2016.
The main victim needed more than 100 stitches following the attack at the Soho nightclub.
Merseyside Police had issued CCTV images of a man they wanted to speak to about the savage assaults.
A Policia Nacional spokesman said: “A British fugitive aged 36-years-old has been held on a European Arrest Warrant.
“He is wanted by the British police over an alleged knife attack on three people at a nightspot in Liverpool.
“The incident followed a row between two people which resulted in the arrested man allegedly taking out a knife and stabbing another in the face.
“The other two casualties were customers who went to the victim’s aid.
“The main victim needed more than 100 stitches to his face and was left with emotional and physical scars.”
The exact location of the arrest has not been revealed, although it happened outside a property where the fugitive was living.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20