The unnamed suspect, 36, was held in Javea on the Costa Blanca on a European Arrest Warrant.’
It comes after he allegedly slashed three men in a nightclub in Liverpool following an argument on December 21, 2016.
The main victim needed more than 100 stitches following the attack at the Soho nightclub.
Merseyside Police had issued CCTV images of a man they wanted to speak to about the savage assaults.
A Policia Nacional spokesman said: “A British fugitive aged 36-years-old has been held on a European Arrest Warrant.
“He is wanted by the British police over an alleged knife attack on three people at a nightspot in Liverpool.
“The incident followed a row between two people which resulted in the arrested man allegedly taking out a knife and stabbing another in the face.
“The other two casualties were customers who went to the victim’s aid.
“The main victim needed more than 100 stitches to his face and was left with emotional and physical scars.”
The exact location of the arrest has not been revealed, although it happened outside a property where the fugitive was living.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29