THE UK’s most wanted conman has been arrested in a dramatic raid after being on the run for two years.
Mark Acklom, 45, was busted at his hideout in an apartment in Switzerland which he was sharing with his Spanish wife and two children.
Acklom is wanted for allegedly defrauding a British woman of £850,000 after posing as an MI6 agent and promising to marry her.
Detectives thought he might have still been hiding out in Spain – where he had many links, including a Marbella resident he had conned.
An Olive Press investigation revealed he also had several ties to the Murcia region.
Following a tip-off that he was still involved with his Spanish wife Maria Yolanda Ros Rodriguez, we linked her to a new real estate company in the centre of Murcia last year.
Registered under the name of Yolanda Ros – adopting her hubby’s trick of mixing up her name – Ross Luxury Estate Agents was set up in April 2017.
Witnesses said they were staying at a rented property in the La Manga around September of last year before vanishing.
Acklom was arrested in the lakeside Swiss town of Wadenswil, a 20-minute drive from Zurich.
Reports say he tried to jump off the balcony as police stormed in.
He had changed his look again, opting for a beard and long hair.
The European Arrest Warrant does not apply in non-EU Switzerland so Acklom will be dealt with under an existing extradition treaty.
He is expected in court this week where he can fight a return to the UK.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29