THE search for the young boy still missing following Mallorca’s floods will be extended 14km out to sea today.
It comes after rescuers searching for eight-year-old Arthur Robinson found his rucksack yesterday.
Some 230 soldiers have been helping in the search, which has become a ‘top priority’.
The search has now ‘changed strategy’ and will use more ‘specialised techniques’, suggesting they are looking for a body.
Searchers found Arthur’s backpack in Cala Morlanda, leading them to believe he could have been dragged six kilometres downstream towards the sea.
Director of the search operation Joan Pol confirmed the backpack was that of Arthur’s and clarified that another one found on Thursday in Son Carrio was actually his sister Ursula’s.
She was miraculously saved by a German cyclist.
Their mother, Joana Literas, died in the worst floods to hit Mallorca for a century.
Hundreds flocked to the 40-year-old’s funeral in her hometown of Manacor yesterday.
The boy’s age was previously reported to be five but it is now believed to be eight, according to Spanish news agency EFE.
More to follow…
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40