THE search for the young boy still missing following Mallorca’s floods will be extended 14km out to sea today.
It comes after rescuers searching for eight-year-old Arthur Robinson found his rucksack yesterday.
Some 230 soldiers have been helping in the search, which has become a ‘top priority’.
The search has now ‘changed strategy’ and will use more ‘specialised techniques’, suggesting they are looking for a body.
Searchers found Arthur’s backpack in Cala Morlanda, leading them to believe he could have been dragged six kilometres downstream towards the sea.
Director of the search operation Joan Pol confirmed the backpack was that of Arthur’s and clarified that another one found on Thursday in Son Carrio was actually his sister Ursula’s.
She was miraculously saved by a German cyclist.
Their mother, Joana Literas, died in the worst floods to hit Mallorca for a century.
Hundreds flocked to the 40-year-old’s funeral in her hometown of Manacor yesterday.
The boy’s age was previously reported to be five but it is now believed to be eight, according to Spanish news agency EFE.
More to follow…
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26