TRIBUTES have been pouring in for the fireman killed in Malaga’s devastating floods at the weekend.
José Gil GutiérrezBombero veterano del cuartel de Antequera, de donde era natural, y llevaba trabajando en la…
Jose Gil, 47, died after his fire truck crashed while responding to a call.
His workmates managed to escape through the roof but his body was found some five kilometres away from the vehicle after being dragged away by rapids.
The Antequera native leaves behind a wife and two children.
Malaga today announced three days of mourning for the tragic father.
Tributes have been pouring in for the bombero on social media while firemen have been showing solidarity by holding minute-long silences.
— Jesús Arroyo (@GenteQueLucha) October 21, 2018
“My tribute to José Gil Gutiérrez, firefighter companion of Antequera who died in #Campillos,” one wrote, “We will not forget your immense service.”
#Antequera, autoridades y #bomberos de toda #Andalucía se reúnen para despedir a José Gil, ofreciéndole una calurosa ovación al salir su féretro de la iglesia del Carmen de #Antequera pic.twitter.com/cn08bMxwrg
— El Sol de Antequera (@ElSoldAntequera) October 22, 2018
Jose’s funeral took place this afternoon in Antequera at the Iglesia del Carmen.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14