TRIBUTES have been pouring in for the fireman killed in Malaga’s devastating floods at the weekend.
José Gil GutiérrezBombero veterano del cuartel de Antequera, de donde era natural, y llevaba trabajando en la…
Jose Gil, 47, died after his fire truck crashed while responding to a call.
His workmates managed to escape through the roof but his body was found some five kilometres away from the vehicle after being dragged away by rapids.
The Antequera native leaves behind a wife and two children.
Malaga today announced three days of mourning for the tragic father.
Tributes have been pouring in for the bombero on social media while firemen have been showing solidarity by holding minute-long silences.
— Jesús Arroyo (@GenteQueLucha) October 21, 2018
“My tribute to José Gil Gutiérrez, firefighter companion of Antequera who died in #Campillos,” one wrote, “We will not forget your immense service.”
#Antequera, autoridades y #bomberos de toda #Andalucía se reúnen para despedir a José Gil, ofreciéndole una calurosa ovación al salir su féretro de la iglesia del Carmen de #Antequera pic.twitter.com/cn08bMxwrg
— El Sol de Antequera (@ElSoldAntequera) October 22, 2018
Jose’s funeral took place this afternoon in Antequera at the Iglesia del Carmen.
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- JOBS: Marbella’s Starlite Festival looking for 400 workers this summer, find out how to apply here - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- WATCH: Car goes up in flames in Estepona - 13 May, 2019 @ 16:57
- How the British approach to gambling could benefit Spain - 13 May, 2019 @ 14:17
- ABSOLUTE MELTER: Heatwave hits Spain’s Andalucia as temperatures soar to 35C - 11 May, 2019 @ 18:19
- The International Vote is important in Mijas, where a third of the population are foreign, writes Bill Anderson - 11 May, 2019 @ 09:30