TRIBUTES have been pouring in for the fireman killed in Malaga’s devastating floods at the weekend.
José Gil GutiérrezBombero veterano del cuartel de Antequera, de donde era natural, y llevaba trabajando en la…
Jose Gil, 47, died after his fire truck crashed while responding to a call.
His workmates managed to escape through the roof but his body was found some five kilometres away from the vehicle after being dragged away by rapids.
The Antequera native leaves behind a wife and two children.
Malaga today announced three days of mourning for the tragic father.
Tributes have been pouring in for the bombero on social media while firemen have been showing solidarity by holding minute-long silences.
— Jesús Arroyo (@GenteQueLucha) October 21, 2018
“My tribute to José Gil Gutiérrez, firefighter companion of Antequera who died in #Campillos,” one wrote, “We will not forget your immense service.”
#Antequera, autoridades y #bomberos de toda #Andalucía se reúnen para despedir a José Gil, ofreciéndole una calurosa ovación al salir su féretro de la iglesia del Carmen de #Antequera pic.twitter.com/cn08bMxwrg
— El Sol de Antequera (@ElSoldAntequera) October 22, 2018
Jose’s funeral took place this afternoon in Antequera at the Iglesia del Carmen.
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45