Campaigners will take the streets on January 12 at 5pm to voice their anger at an apparent U-turn by the Town Hall over the controversial Spanish pastime.
The previous administration had banned the blood sport, but city chiefs announced a refurbishment programme for the Marbella bullring back in December.
Meanwhile, an online petition to ban the ‘bloody’ and ‘torturous’ sport in Marbella has received around 80,000 signatures.
The Town Hall said the refurbishment project aimed to make the bullring ‘safe, practicable and operational for its intended use’.
But demonstrators disagree, claiming those pushing the move want a ‘return to torture and kill animals for the amusement of a few’.
“We want it to continue like this, we do not want more death and suffering in Marbella,” said the protest group in a statement on Facebook.
- Spain’s Costa Blanca and Costa del Sol to be hit by FIVE DAYS of rain, flash floods and strong winds - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- PICTURED: British dad who died off Gibraltar coast in horror surfing accident was celebrity lawyer for David Walliams and Sex Pistols - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- NEW 25,000 square metre park on Costa del Sol includes slides, wildlife area and sports facilities - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:32
- ‘HE’S A GOOD KID’: Mum of jihadi suspect accused of planning a ‘massacre’ during Sevilla’s Semana Santa speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:10
- BREAKING: British surfer dies off coast of Gibraltar - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:49
- Two arrested in Spain’s Andalucia over violent drug deaths after bodies dumped down well and car burnt out - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15
- Thunder and rain from TOMORROW on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 16:46
- Spain pig farm robberies see 15 arrests after man stabbed as thieves bid to raid precious metals more expensive than gold - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 12:20
- British expat fuming after chairs and tables don’t fit into ‘tiny’ new terrace Mallorca town hall painted outside her cafe - 14 Apr, 2019 @ 08:03
- Spain footy star Diego Costa handed eight-match ban and €6,000 fine after red card for telling referee,’I s*** on your w**** mother’ - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 19:08