A MAN has died after falling into a well in Malaga, just days after rescue teams pulled the dead body of little Julen from a 107m-deep hole.
The 45-year-old Spaniard was founded dead 3m deep in a well at Villanueva del Trabuco, along with his pet dog.
The site of the latest tragedy to hit Andalucia lies just 30km north of Totalan, where Julen died 48 hours earlier.
An emergency call was made at 23:10pm on Sunday night, while the world was still mourning the death of the Malaga two-year-old Julen, who was killed with a severe head trauma after a family picnic.
The Group of Underwater Activities (GEAS) and of the Group of Rescue and Intervention in Mountain (GREIM) responded to this latest emergency, where the victim had been walking his dog.
Their search concluded at 2:50am on Monday morning when they pulled the dead man from the well, which did contain water.
According to neighbours, the man lived alone, had no children and would walk this dog in the area two or three times a week.
They described the man to The Sur as a ‘very dear young man’ and said he ‘knew the terrain better than anyone’.
Rescue teams reached Julen at 1:25am on Saturday morning after battling for almost two weeks to get him out of the borehole.
The Guardia Civil are now investigating this latest tragedy involving a well in Andalucia.
- Jet2 removes Costa del Sol beaches from its website after Olive Press probe into raw sewage pumped into sea - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33
- Sexism row in Spain as female squash champions handed sex toys as prizes - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:50