A MAN has died after falling into a well in Malaga, just days after rescue teams pulled the dead body of little Julen from a 107m-deep hole.
The 45-year-old Spaniard was founded dead 3m deep in a well at Villanueva del Trabuco, along with his pet dog.
The site of the latest tragedy to hit Andalucia lies just 30km north of Totalan, where Julen died 48 hours earlier.
An emergency call was made at 23:10pm on Sunday night, while the world was still mourning the death of the Malaga two-year-old Julen, who was killed with a severe head trauma after a family picnic.
The Group of Underwater Activities (GEAS) and of the Group of Rescue and Intervention in Mountain (GREIM) responded to this latest emergency, where the victim had been walking his dog.
Their search concluded at 2:50am on Monday morning when they pulled the dead man from the well, which did contain water.
According to neighbours, the man lived alone, had no children and would walk this dog in the area two or three times a week.
They described the man to The Sur as a ‘very dear young man’ and said he ‘knew the terrain better than anyone’.
Rescue teams reached Julen at 1:25am on Saturday morning after battling for almost two weeks to get him out of the borehole.
The Guardia Civil are now investigating this latest tragedy involving a well in Andalucia.
- Hard Rock Cafe confirm second Costa del Sol restaurant WILL open in March, featuring Cher’s trousers and Bon Jovi guitar - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 18:27
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57