A BRITISH drug dealer has been arrested outside a ‘military establishment’ in Gibraltar.
According to the Royal Gibraltar Police, the suspect, 34, was found to be carrying 56 grams of cocaine.
He has been arrested for possession and possession with intent to supply.
A police statement added: “The operation also involved search warrants being executed at two different locations with the aid of specialised sniffer dogs.
“The man has been granted bail with conditions.”
Police did not confirm whether or not they believed the dealer had planned to sell the Class-A drugs in or near the military establishment.
A spokesperson told the Olive Press: “We are not commenting beyond what has already been said as the matter is currently under investigation.”
The arrest comes a day after the nearby Campo de Gibraltar saw one of the biggest anti-drug trafficking raids ever.
More than 500 Spanish police officers, with the help of helicopters and boats, rounded up dozens of suspected dealers and drug gang members between La Linea de la Concepcion and Malaga.
Cops were cracking down on the infamous Castañitas gang, thought to control 70% of the hash that makes its way across the nearby Strait of Gibraltar from Morocco into Spain.
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38