A YELLOW weather warning has been issued by the Spanish state meteorological agency AEMET.
The Levant wind is predicted to last from this evening, around 6pm, until midnight on Saturday.
Almeria, Granada and Cadiz are expected to be struck first by gale-force winds whipping up three-metre high waves, and will spread to Malaga later tonight.
The Levant wind is an easterly wind that blows in the western Mediterranean and often causes heavy swells in autumn and spring.
The winds, of estimated force-seven strength, will impair walking but are not likely to break branches from trees.
- Police capture guinea fowl that sent residents ‘crazy’ with its racket on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 16:23
- Naked effigies of Trump, Hitler, Stalin and Franco torched in Valencia’s Las Fallas festival - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 15:27
- IN PICS: raw sewage pumped out at three places off Nerja beaches - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 14:56
- EU offers Brexit extension until May if MPs support withdrawal deal next week - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 13:07
- British couple arrested for ‘leading’ huge marijuana network on Costa Blanca, caught with €216,000 of drugs including cannabis ‘jelly beans’, ‘jam’ and ‘cream chocolate spread’ - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 12:38
- Drones used for ‘first time’ in battle against toxic caterpillars on Costa Blanca - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 12:11
- Disabled British man found unconscious after ‘intense’ gas cylinder inferno on the Costa Blanca - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 18:17
- NOT A BIN: Plastic fills river on Costa Blanca just hours after a 20-tonne clean-up - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:45
- Benidorm’s legendary Tiki Beach bar re-opens… but now under name ‘Aloha Beach’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- IN PICS: eagle-owls and kestrels ELECTROCUTED by cables in crucial Spanish wetland - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 18:09