A YELLOW weather warning has been issued by the Spanish state meteorological agency AEMET.
The Levant wind is predicted to last from this evening, around 6pm, until midnight on Saturday.
Almeria, Granada and Cadiz are expected to be struck first by gale-force winds whipping up three-metre high waves, and will spread to Malaga later tonight.
The Levant wind is an easterly wind that blows in the western Mediterranean and often causes heavy swells in autumn and spring.
The winds, of estimated force-seven strength, will impair walking but are not likely to break branches from trees.
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43
- WATCH: Woman leaps into sea as ‘Kontiki II’ ferry boat nearly smashes into 154-metre Balearia behemoth between Ibiza and Formentera - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 13:11
- Man starved dog to avoid ‘picking up its poo’ arrested on the Costa Blanca - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 18:45
- Spanish bar bills customer €10 for ‘taking the piss’ - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 15:08
- Romanian woman found beheaded while six months pregnant in Costa Blanca apartment - 12 Jun, 2019 @ 11:12