AN alleged drug gang behind at least thirty robberies has been caught in dawn raids by police across eastern Mallorca.
Guardia Civil arrested 10 people and seized two kilos of marijuana, as well as a cache of stolen goods.
Last September, Guardia Civil began investigating a spate of robberies across the Mallorcan Llevant, including one where a large quantity of tobacco was swiped.
The investigation identified several suspects who were also engaged in growing marijuana.
Police carried out simultaneously raids yesterday on three properties in the towns of Felanitx and Portocolom, followed by a raid this morning on an internet cafe in Felanitx.
All the recovered goods will be displayed, from Monday to Friday between 9am to 1pm in Manacor Guardia Civil Station.
- Police in Spain detain gang accused of financing Al-Qaeda terrorism in Syria - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:25
- Murdered mother of five in Andalucia becomes Spain’s 1,000th gender violence victim - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 18:41
- Warning over ruthless Costa Blanca thieves ‘spiking Brits’ in Benidorm with date rape drugs - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- Spain calls on UK to negotiate ‘colonial situation’ of Gibraltar at UN committee meeting - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:05
- Spain slammed after new report finds 100,000 people with disabilities are trapped at home - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 14:18
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05