A MAN with his penis cut off has been picked up by police wandering around after putting the severed member in a shopping bag.
The 33-year-old stumbled around the centre of Zaragoza on Friday evening covered in blood, before police heard his cries for help.
He told police the amputation was self-inflicted and that his private part was in a bag at home.
Police then rushed to the man’s address to locate the bag and managed to collect the severed penis.
The man has been rushed to the Hospital Miguel Servet but it is not known if doctors managed to reattach it.
An investigation has been started to confirm that no other parties were involved in the incident.
The man’s claims have led psychiatrists to believe the wound was a case of self-harm or related to drug taking.
- Police in Spain detain gang accused of financing Al-Qaeda terrorism in Syria - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:25
- Murdered mother of five in Andalucia becomes Spain’s 1,000th gender violence victim - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 18:41
- Warning over ruthless Costa Blanca thieves ‘spiking Brits’ in Benidorm with date rape drugs - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- Spain calls on UK to negotiate ‘colonial situation’ of Gibraltar at UN committee meeting - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:05
- Spain slammed after new report finds 100,000 people with disabilities are trapped at home - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 14:18
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05