A MAN with his penis cut off has been picked up by police wandering around after putting the severed member in a shopping bag.
The 33-year-old stumbled around the centre of Zaragoza on Friday evening covered in blood, before police heard his cries for help.
He told police the amputation was self-inflicted and that his private part was in a bag at home.
Police then rushed to the man’s address to locate the bag and managed to collect the severed penis.
The man has been rushed to the Hospital Miguel Servet but it is not known if doctors managed to reattach it.
An investigation has been started to confirm that no other parties were involved in the incident.
The man’s claims have led psychiatrists to believe the wound was a case of self-harm or related to drug taking.
- Police in Spain catch drug ‘home delivery’ biker gang - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- Zara launches new customisable denim fashion line in Spain - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 12:07
- Historic Malaga villa owned by ‘Schindler of the Civil War’ demolished - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- Police arrest five ‘drug traffickers’ after young man kidnapped and murdered on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:05
- New property on the Costa soars to upwards of €6,000 per square metre - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- British expat in Spain who ‘asked friend’ to cut off his penis seemed ‘normal’ hours before but ‘struggled with gender’ - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:01
- UK MPs join battle to get millions back for British expats who lost out to rogue FX firm based in Mallorca - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 12:57
- Police in Spain help man with AMPUTATED PENIS in bizarre self-harm case - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 13:15
- Zidane returns to Spain as Real Madrid boss - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 18:34
- PICTURED: Scot killed on Costa Blanca stag do named, as police hunt two British tourists - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 15:00