A HOTEL employee has been arrested in Granada for allegedly raping a five-year-old girl.
The unidentified foreign man, detained on Saturday by the Guardia Civil, was known to the parents.
Both the parents and the child are also foreigners.
A medical examination of the child confirmed that she had been sexually assaulted.
It also suggested the possibility that the alleged rapist had abused her previously.
The man was apparently linked to the parents through business and it is thought that this is how he was able to gain access to the child.
Hotel workers claimed that they had seen him acting strangely with the girl on Saturday morning.
The alarm was raised about the man’s alleged crimes after he stole money from the hotel cashier and fled the premises.
He was then stopped in Granada by two off-duty officers and subsequently arrested.
The accused man is currently in police custody and awaiting court.
More to follow…
- Sea and air search launched for British diver and ex-soldier, 70, who vanished while diving in southern Spain - 24 May, 2019 @ 13:18
- British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, found dead on Spain’s Costa del Sol after four days missing - 24 May, 2019 @ 12:22
- GSD blasts Bet365’s Brexit move to shift Gibraltar operations to Malta as over 500 staff could be relocated - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:47
- Bet365 to relocate 1,000 staff from Gibraltar office to Malta in HUGE €70 million move over Brexit fears - 23 May, 2019 @ 17:53
- Largest ever cocaine haul made in Spain’s Sevilla as 1000 kilos of the drug smuggled in banana truck - 23 May, 2019 @ 16:03
- ‘HUMOUR HAS NO LIMITS’: Man in Spain defends his jokes about little Julen who died down well - 23 May, 2019 @ 12:37
- Spain’s Julio Iglesias is ‘willing’ to do DNA test to find out if Spanish lovechild is really his - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:18
- Police arrest 30 in Costa del Sol gigalo ring that lured young men with FAKE escort jobs, netting ringleaders €700,000 - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:33
- Sexism row in Spain as female squash champions handed sex toys as prizes - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:50
- Jamie Oliver’s empire goes into administration with 1,000 job losses just a week after new Costa del Sol restaurant - 21 May, 2019 @ 21:18