A FRESH appeal has been launched to find missing British father and son Daniel and Liam Poole.
It comes more than a month after the pair vanished from Estepona on the Costa del Sol.
The lads hired a car but the vehicle has not been returned, according to police.
A spokesman for Sussex Police said today: “British and Spanish police are working together to investigate the disappearance of father and son Daniel and Liam Poole after they travelled to Malaga, Spain, on March 31.
“The Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team are now undertaking this enquiry and have resources already working with the Spanish authorities to find Daniel and Liam from Burgess Hill and investigate the circumstances of their disappearance.”
Detective Chief Inspector Emma Heater said: “Their family are very concerned about them as they last heard from them on April 1, the lack of contact is out of character for the pair.
“The family are being supported by family liaison officers and are being kept informed.
“We know that Daniel and Liam hired a grey Peugeot 308 car when they got to Spain but this has not been returned to the car hire firm.
“We would like to hear from anyone who has seen them, the car or has any information about their whereabouts in Spain or any other location since March 31.”
It comes after the brother of Daniel detailed the family’s ongoing heartache back in Sussex.
Laurence Poole, 43, also from Sussex, said he is fearing the worst while Daniel’s other two children, aged 19 and 17, are ‘absolutely terrified’.
“I’m beginning to fear the worst,” he told the Olive Press, “it’s been too long for them to be missing something’s not right.
“It’s so difficult because you want to be as positive as you can but you need to be realistic about the situation.”
He added that it was still a complete mystery as to what could have happened to his brother and nephew, who vanished from Estepona more than two weeks ago.
“I’ve got no clue as to what actually happened.
“There’s been so much speculation, people have told me he was there to buy a car and others said he was looking at a property along the Costa del Sol but we just don’t know.
“The police seem to have no answers yet or if they do they are remaining tight lipped.”
Laurence added that he knows something is wrong because every time he goes away Daniel makes sure to call his kids.
“When he’s been away snowboarding or on a lads trip he makes sure to call his kids every day so we know something is up.”
Anyone with information report online or ring 101 quoting Operation Pheasant.
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35