A FRESH appeal has been launched to find missing British father and son Daniel and Liam Poole.
It comes more than a month after the pair vanished from Estepona on the Costa del Sol.
The lads hired a car but the vehicle has not been returned, according to police.
A spokesman for Sussex Police said today: “British and Spanish police are working together to investigate the disappearance of father and son Daniel and Liam Poole after they travelled to Malaga, Spain, on March 31.
“The Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team are now undertaking this enquiry and have resources already working with the Spanish authorities to find Daniel and Liam from Burgess Hill and investigate the circumstances of their disappearance.”
Detective Chief Inspector Emma Heater said: “Their family are very concerned about them as they last heard from them on April 1, the lack of contact is out of character for the pair.
“The family are being supported by family liaison officers and are being kept informed.
“We know that Daniel and Liam hired a grey Peugeot 308 car when they got to Spain but this has not been returned to the car hire firm.
“We would like to hear from anyone who has seen them, the car or has any information about their whereabouts in Spain or any other location since March 31.”
It comes after the brother of Daniel detailed the family’s ongoing heartache back in Sussex.
Laurence Poole, 43, also from Sussex, said he is fearing the worst while Daniel’s other two children, aged 19 and 17, are ‘absolutely terrified’.
“I’m beginning to fear the worst,” he told the Olive Press, “it’s been too long for them to be missing something’s not right.
“It’s so difficult because you want to be as positive as you can but you need to be realistic about the situation.”
He added that it was still a complete mystery as to what could have happened to his brother and nephew, who vanished from Estepona more than two weeks ago.
“I’ve got no clue as to what actually happened.
“There’s been so much speculation, people have told me he was there to buy a car and others said he was looking at a property along the Costa del Sol but we just don’t know.
“The police seem to have no answers yet or if they do they are remaining tight lipped.”
Laurence added that he knows something is wrong because every time he goes away Daniel makes sure to call his kids.
“When he’s been away snowboarding or on a lads trip he makes sure to call his kids every day so we know something is up.”
Anyone with information report online or ring 101 quoting Operation Pheasant.
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13