THE latest figures for 2019 suggest Spain’s property market is enjoying a continued period of sustainable growth.
According to valuations firm Tinsa, new-build and second-hand properties have seen then values increase year-on-year for the past 10 consecutive quarters.
The average price of a home stood at €1,349 per sqm in the first three months of this year, while March saw the third consecutive monthly rise.
Typical hotspots such as Madrid and Catalunya are still leading the way, but prices across the country have soared by 12.4% on average since the plummet after the crisis.
National averages don’t mean much however, due to the increasingly different performances of coastal and city areas compared to inland and island destinations.
Backing the continued boom in tourism, Malaga, for example, has joined the ranks of Barcelona, Madrid, Palma and San Sebastian in enjoying a 30% rise in average property prices since 2007.
The growth has been strong but stable and seems to be avoiding the fatal boom and bust cycle which lead to the meltdown some 12 years ago.
Prices on a national level are still 34.1% below the highest ever recorded in 2007.
Andalucia remains one of the biggest attractions investment wise, enjoying a 5.2% year-on-year residential property price rise in the first quarter of 2019, slightly above the national average.
This is significantly lead by the surge in interest in Malaga, home of the Costa del Sol,which registered an inter annual price increase of 10.6% at an average house price of €1,635 per square metre.
In other words, if you are looking for a sound investment, look no further than Andalucia and it’s Costa del Sol.
- Want a return on your property investment? Look no further than Spain, writes the Finance Bureau’s Tancrede de Pola - 13 May, 2019 @ 11:36
- Why Spain is still an attractive property investment for 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 15:00
- Spain is not entering a new property bubble, but it can still do more to prevent another - 22 Dec, 2018 @ 13:58
- Mortgage approval numbers are soaring in Spain as property market continues its recovery - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 11:53
- Property market in Spain still a safe bet - 7 Jul, 2018 @ 15:00
- Why you’ll always need a mortgage broker in Spain’s booming property market - 9 Jun, 2018 @ 17:23
- Beware the 100%: Are mortgages that pay for your property in full a good idea? writes Tancrede de Pola - 14 Apr, 2018 @ 11:30
- The Finance Bureau answers the frequently most asked questions about getting a mortgage in Spain - 28 Oct, 2017 @ 11:40
- Must-dos before signing on your new property in Spain - 2 Sep, 2017 @ 11:41
- What to expect when buying a mortgage in Spain as a non-resident - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 14:08